Keynote speaker – Gerald Leitner, EBLIDA President and Secretary General of the Austrian Library Association
- Copyright law in England is still aimed at printed material. This needs to change.
- Advocate of the hybrid library. Sees a need for a mixture of printed and electronic materials
- E-books – could we use them in our library? What’s the take-up of handheld reading devices, e.g. Kindles among staff?
- National libraries form a digital memory
- Without research libraries, research would not happen.
- Very user focussed. Thinks about the needs of the end user and aims to meet them, rather than running off with an idea and expecting the end user to keep up…or risk losing out.
- As an advocate of evidence-based practice and CPD, I was heartened to hear someone senior saying that research libraries matter