*insert tongue in cheek disclaimer here*
- There are a lot of cat-owning librarians
- Librarians use the word ‘crafting’ as a verb
- Librarians like food: mainly cake, cheese and chocolate
- Librarians can be sarcastic to the point of being lemonfaced
- Librarians believe they have the best job in the word
- There’s lots of frustration at the inability of outsiders to understand the profession and what being a librarian entails
- Librarians will rip their own arm off and eat it to win a place at a conference and/or a free lunch
- Librarians could actually describe themselves more accurately as IT consultants, if they so wished
- Librarians are early adopters of new technology – I’m willing to bet that ipad and iphone ownership is pretty high among my professional colleagues.
- Librarians like blogs. They also like publicly slagging off blogs that they don’t like.